Monday, May 5, 2008

First Blog Ever..

So here goes. This is my first poker related blog entry. As of right now this blog will consist of me mainly ranting to myself about poker, considering nobody will be reading this anytime soon. Hopefully one day, others(including myself), can look back at this blog and get a kick out of it(that is IF I make it big). So for starters, I play poker online at Pokerstars.com. I am 20 years old and I'm probably down a grand or so on the site. Now that might sound pathetic but I'm actually up a couple grand in tournaments and sit-n-gos but I'm down a couple more grand in cash games. I just can't really figure out what it is I'm doing wrong. For now though, I added $5 to my account and I'm going to see if I can get somewhere with it. Last night I played in a $2 tournament with approximately 900 people and finished 7th.



I am very happy with the way I played throughout this tournament. I never got myself into trouble and I never sucked out on anybody to gain chips. I am, however, very disappointed in how I played the final hand I was dealt. When it was down to seven, I was 4th in chips with about 150,000. I was BB and the button raised twice the BB. I had A/J and I thought about what was going on for a moment. I thought the button was trying to steal the blinds and I would reraise. If he flat-calls he has a low pocket pair or a weak ace. I raise and he instantly pushes all his chips in. I'm not blaming it on the time ( it was 6:30 in the morning) but I almost instantly called this knowing I was beat. If I don't call, I'm left with 100,000 chips, only 200,000 behind the chip leader. He ends up flipping over K/K and I don't hit. I was very disappointed with that hand and my lack of "thinking". I am happy with the tournament overall though and I hope to continue to play my game and avoid brain-farts like that. That's it for the day.

Bankroll : $60

No comments: